Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (204-212)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.



I have been re-reading the book One Thousand Gifts.

On June 8th my (former) Bible Study group has asked me to speak about how the book has changed and improved my life and my faith. Initially, I thought I would explain what the book is about yet have come to the conclusion that I cannot verbally do it justice. I've made a hand-out with Ann Voskamp's blog address and will encourage them to visit her blog before purchasing her book. I'll tell them of my journey so far living eucharisteo and how some days I am more successful than others. After all, I am a work in progress.

I'm hoping some will be interested in meeting later this summer to discuss their thoughts about the book and living on the foundation of eucharisteo. They are demographically diverse and I always learn a lot from them.

#204 - #212 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:


204. the opportunity to be in fellowship with my Bible Study buddies, and for them choosing an evening since I now work full time

205. forgiveness. God forgiving me and my forgiving others.

206. freedom through grace and forgiveness

207. neighbors talking on the patio after a long week of work heading into the Memorial Day weekend

208. conversation with increasing family. A few hours of pool time, warm sun, burgers and hotdogs with all the fixin's

209. attending church with our daughter

210. living in the United States of America

211. the men and women who have served and are serving in our military

212. quietly celebrating Memorial Day this year

Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning - coming by from Ann's because we are both "Cindys"...it is so wonderful that you are able to take the message of thanksliving and spread it...God be with you!

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by to read from Ann's. Glad to have stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped by from Ann's place. I am from PA too. Love #210 & #211.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great list of thanks! Treasuring #210...especially after this Memorial Day Weekend!
    A mew follower from A Holy Experience,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!