This past week marked two celebrations. The first was our niece, Julie, graduated from university. Hooray! The second was I turned 50 years old. Another year wiser! Booyah!
I should have brought my camera to work to take a picture of my crowded desk. They really took their gift giving to a newly turned 50 year old very seriously! Ha!
|Gifts from my co-workers.|
We went out for lunch to a yummy Italian restaurant and there was chocolate cake afterwards. It was a wonderful day at work!
Wonderful Husband and our daughter were home when I arrived and surprise...they were hungry. I wasn't, so I sent WH out to pick up dinner for the two of them and then shared leftover chocolate cake.
#178 - #195 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
178. our niece, Julie, graduating from Coastal Carolina University. She worked hard and finished strong.
179. my 50 years of life. God is good.
180. happy tears after reading my birthday card from Wonderful Husband
181. the people I work with, they are very kind and love to party
182. birthday cards and Facebook greetings from family and friends
183. my family
184. my friends
185. breakfast for lunch with our daughter and her boyfriend and he was kind enough to treat
186. a start date for our daughter's summer job
187. cool nights, sunny days with cool breezes, and low humidity
188. spring in Pennsylvania
189. Terri's analysis of her job interview
190. prom season for our local high schools
191. May and the abundance of birthdays (7 family members, 1 friend, 1 co-worker)
192. Floss sharing her challenging past which brought her to Christ
193. a tickled funny-bone after hearing, "It's the Alps, there's a lot of places to hide," on Dateline NBC
194. Wonderful Husband being my financial planner...hello 401k plan (again)
195. Psalm 101:6a says, "I will search for faithful people to be my companions." I believe that God has surrounded me with faithful people and I am blessed with their presence and companionship
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.