Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (178-195)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.

This past week marked two celebrations. The first was our niece, Julie, graduated from university. Hooray! The second was I turned 50 years old. Another year wiser! Booyah!

I should have brought my camera to work to take a picture of my crowded desk. They really took their gift giving to a newly turned 50 year old very seriously! Ha!

Gifts from my co-workers.

We went out for lunch to a yummy Italian restaurant and there was chocolate cake afterwards. It was a wonderful day at work!

Wonderful Husband and our daughter were home when I arrived and surprise...they were hungry. I wasn't, so I sent WH out to pick up dinner for the two of them and then shared leftover chocolate cake.


#178 - #195 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

178. our niece, Julie, graduating from Coastal Carolina University. She worked hard and finished strong.

179. my 50 years of life. God is good.

180. happy tears after reading my birthday card from Wonderful Husband

181. the people I work with, they are very kind and love to party

182. birthday cards and Facebook greetings from family and friends

183. my family

184. my friends

185. breakfast for lunch with our daughter and her boyfriend and he was kind enough to treat

186. a start date for our daughter's summer job

187. cool nights, sunny days with cool breezes, and low humidity

188. spring in Pennsylvania

189. Terri's analysis of her job interview

190. prom season for our local high schools

191. May and the abundance of birthdays (7 family members, 1 friend, 1 co-worker)

192. Floss sharing her challenging past which brought her to Christ

193. a tickled funny-bone after hearing, "It's the Alps, there's a lot of places to hide," on Dateline NBC

194. Wonderful Husband being my financial planner...hello 401k plan (again)

195. Psalm 101:6a says, "I will search for faithful people to be my companions." I believe that God has surrounded me with faithful people and I am blessed with their presence and companionship


Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

1 comment:

  1. hi, cindy! thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. strange, but we have several things in common. i was born in PA, have lived in TX and CA, and my mom's name is Cindy :)

    happy birthday! looking forward to counting to 1000 with you :)

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!