Days leading toward the Thanksgiving holiday were tough for me. I didn't update last week's list because I lacked energy, enthusiasm, and felt like I'd "hit a wall."
Yet I believe in God's perfect timing and the Holy Spirit working overtime within me. (And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. Romans 8:26a NLT)
I read through many people's lists who had linked up to A Holy Experience last week. I read blogs that I follow and the themes were thanksgiving. I read my One Year Chronological Bible.
I watched Dr. David Jeremiah's sermon yesterday, "The Powerful Promise of Thanksgiving." He reminded me of Colossians 4:2, "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart." (NLT) He also said, "Gratitude is not thanksgiving until it is expressed."
So this week I am returning to express my gratitude to God who helped me turn a corner during my seasonal doldrums.
#452 - 468 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
452. God who never gives up on me
453. Paula who "introduced me" to Dr. Jeremiah's teachings
454. my van being drive-able and my being fine (after a run-in with a deer)
455. bottle feeding our granddaughter, Little Sweetie
456. family, near and far
457. a $10 download fee for the Relevant 2011 Keynotes (could be the best $10 I've spent this year)
458. an uncle meeting his niece
|Uncle with Little Sweetie|
459. a sunny, blue-skied Thanksgiving Day with mild temperatures
460. my mother-in-law with her great-granddaughter
461. four generations gathered for Thanksgiving
462. turkey, stuffing, gravy, onions in cheese sauce, cranberry sauce...and pumpkin pie with Cool Whip. Yum!
463. a brother-in-law's healing from hip replacement surgery
464. reading What's So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey. Finished reading it. Loved it!
465. God's patience, grace, and protection this past week
466. our son extending his stay by one day
467. our daughter bringing Little Sweetie over (again) for more play time. Yea!
468. a visual reminder of what I am through Christ (You Are Loved - Black Wall Art from DaySpring)
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.