It's been a while since I've posted anything here.
Wonderful Husband and I were talking and he said that he figured my blog was about my thoughts. I didn't tell him I hadn't blogged in months but it got me thinking. Does that mean I haven't had any thoughts in months? Ha!
We've been living intergenerationally since April of 2014. I thought it would be harder than it has been. But it isn't easy either. Our daughter lives here full-time. Our granddaughter lives here 1/2 time.
Holidays are more fun with a young one in the house. She is three and brings excitement and humor into our lives, as well as more toys than we've had in our family room in many years.
In December, I celebrated my four year anniversary at work.
I've been reading more and thought I'd list the books I read in 2014:
1. The Land Between: Finding God in Difficult Transitions - Jeff Manion
2. A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet: Southern Stories of Faith, Family and Fifteen Pounds of Bacon - Sophie Hudson
3. Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples - Francis Chan
4. An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess - Jen Hatmaker
5. Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize when He Speaks - Priscilla Shirer
6. Appointments in Heaven - Dr. Reggie Anderson
7. Fearless Daughters of the Bible: What We Can Learn from 22 Women Who Challenged Tradition, Fought Injustice and Dared to Lead - J.Lee Grady, Margaret Feinberg
8. This Is Where I Leave You: A Novel - Jonathan Tropper
9. Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul - Jennie Allen
10. Miracle in the Museum of Broken Hearts - Talli Roland
11. What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms - Angie Smith
12. I Need Some Help Here: Hope for When Your Kids Don't Go According to Plan - Kathi Lipp
13. The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League - Jeff Hobbs
14. Before Amen: The Power of a Simple Prayer - Max Lucado
15. Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World - Bob Goff
Snow and cold weather hit Pennsylvania but the good news is that we've dodged some huge storms so far! Hooray!
Wonderful Husband and I are planning another warm weather March getaway. Last year was Puerto Rico and I think it saved my sanity. This year is the Grand Cayman Island. I applied for a passport for the first time in my life. (Now you know that I am not usually a world traveler.)
I still read The One Year Chronological Bible and visit Wendy Pope's blog for her daily video vlogs. She is writing a book and I am a member of her feedback group.
My Bible Study group is currently doing Beth Moore's "Children of the Day: 1 & 2 Thessalonians" study.
My One Word is the same as last year's: Trust. I believe I have more to learn about trusting God in every aspect of my life so an encore is necessary.
And that's about it for an update for now.