Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (196-203)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.


This past week was different for me because Wonderful Husband was going to a conference in Florida for four days. It has been years since he traveled monthly in his job and if I stretch my memory it has probably been 4 years since we've traveled anywhere separately.

The funny part is that the day before he left, the light bulb over the kitchen sink burned out. We have nine foot ceilings and if it would have burned out after he left...I would have been in the dark until he returned. Then came the bug in the bathroom situation where he was home to squash it for me. He is my hero! I may have married him for his height and protective nature. ;)

I do believe in God's perfect timing. There were no light bulb or bug incidents while Wonderful Husband was gone.

I noticed while he was gone how many seemingly small things he does on a daily basis that I hadn't really noticed before (you'll see what I mean below). And although you might think that sugar or chocolate is my Love Language, I think I fit squarely in the category of Acts of Service.

My husband is well named in this blog, he is a wonderful husband!


#196 - #203 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

196. my husband who makes the bed according to our marriage rule - last one up makes the bed. (I wish I could have taken a picture of my face while he was at the conference. I went to take my shower, exited the bathroom afterwards, and noticed the bed wasn't made, then realized that I was the last one up. Duh!:)

197. my husband who brings the newspaper in every morning

198. my husband who takes out the trash twice a week

199. my husband who brings the mail in every night

200. my husband who calls me and tells me that he misses me

201. my husband who brought me new re-usable bags (swag) from the conference. Hooray!

202. celebrating Wonderful Husband's 60th birthday and him reassuring me that 50 is a great age from his point of view. (I don't get to bemoan my age since he's 10 years older! Ha!)

203. God who blessed me with my husband. 28 years and counting. Thank you Lord!

Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband :)
    Mine brings in the mail to everyday and tis true, small things like that I tend to take for granted *mental note to thank hubby tonight*
    I came over from Ann's and I am glad I did. Thanks for sharing and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!