This past week was different for me because Wonderful Husband was going to a conference in Florida for four days. It has been years since he traveled monthly in his job and if I stretch my memory it has probably been 4 years since we've traveled anywhere separately.
The funny part is that the day before he left, the light bulb over the kitchen sink burned out. We have nine foot ceilings and if it would have burned out after he left...I would have been in the dark until he returned. Then came the bug in the bathroom situation where he was home to squash it for me. He is my hero! I may have married him for his height and protective nature. ;)
I do believe in God's perfect timing. There were no light bulb or bug incidents while Wonderful Husband was gone.
I noticed while he was gone how many seemingly small things he does on a daily basis that I hadn't really noticed before (you'll see what I mean below). And although you might think that sugar or chocolate is my Love Language, I think I fit squarely in the category of Acts of Service.
My husband is well named in this blog, he is a wonderful husband!
#196 - #203 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
196. my husband who makes the bed according to our marriage rule - last one up makes the bed. (I wish I could have taken a picture of my face while he was at the conference. I went to take my shower, exited the bathroom afterwards, and noticed the bed wasn't made, then realized that I was the last one up. Duh!:)
197. my husband who brings the newspaper in every morning
198. my husband who takes out the trash twice a week
199. my husband who brings the mail in every night
200. my husband who calls me and tells me that he misses me
201. my husband who brought me new re-usable bags (swag) from the conference. Hooray!
202. celebrating Wonderful Husband's 60th birthday and him reassuring me that 50 is a great age from his point of view. (I don't get to bemoan my age since he's 10 years older! Ha!)
203. God who blessed me with my husband. 28 years and counting. Thank you Lord!
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.