A week of new experiences:
I had an appointment with my orthodontist on Thursday morning. I left three hours later with braces on my teeth. He estimates 10-14 months of treatment. I was going to post a picture but couldn't take one flattering enough for my vanity. Take my word for it...I look like a 50 year old woman with braces. Ha!
On Saturday, I replaced my trusty old cell phone. I'll learn how to use the new one and become a semi-expert with it by the time I trade it in for the next confusing one.
#213 - #221 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
213. our daughter's first week of work
214. our son appreciating apartment living with a swimming pool open for the hot Virginia days
215. an orthodontist who can visualize my future. He is an artist.
216. braces at 50
217. technology continuing to teach this "old dog," new tricks
218. the temperature going from 90s one day to 70s the next. Spring time in PA.
219. seeing butterflies for the first time this season. I want to grab my camera and run after them every time.
220. a robin perched on a fire hydrant that I noticed while waiting at a red light
221. a friend treating me to breakfast for my 50th birthday. (Turning 50 has been filled with many moments of being spoiled. I highly recommend embracing 50!)
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.