This week I have been showered with blessings. I had started a post about worry and stress and the next thing I knew, God readjusted my thinking and my mind started realizing all the encouraging written words that have been sent to me.
It all began with meeting my Bible Study Buddies to talk about One Thousand Gifts - A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, then the following Sunday was our wedding anniversary. There is a lot to be thankful for in acknowledging these two events.
#229 - #240 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
229. receiving cards from Laurie and Kaye thanking me for sharing how One Thousand Gifts has focused my spiritual vision into actively looking for God's blessings which surround me
230. our receiving a thank you card from my sister and nephew for his birthday money that he's saving up to purchase the latest Nintendo game system
231. not having to think about the latest game systems anymore since my kids are adults and if they want something like that...they can buy it themselves :)
232. receiving anniversary cards from my mom and Wonderful Husband's parents
233. receiving a thank you email from Anne B. for being together with the Bible Study Buddies and for her receiving my anniversary card (the four of us share the same month and day for our wedding anniversary). Anne and her husband celebrated their 46th anniversary!
234. receiving a happy anniversary text message from my sister
235. receiving Facebook anniversary greetings from our daughter, and from Diane (we share the exact day, month, and year wedding anniversary)
236. being married to Wonderful Husband for 29 years and yes, he gave me a lovely card
237. when I feel burdened and tired by life, God taps my shoulder and says, "Look at all the blessings you have, and remember to thank me!"
238. absorbing the encouragement from written words and being nudged into sending encouraging cards to others
239. the love I received from written words in cards, by email, on Facebook, and by text messaging which saturated and renewed my weary soul
240. the hope I receive from reading The One Year Chronological Bible
4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4
It has been a good week after all.
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.