Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (22-30)

I have been reading A Holy Experience, Ann Voskamp's blog, for a few months. Every Monday, Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.




This week I'm thinking of Jesus' command to love our neighbors as ourselves and am thankful for all the acts of kindness I've heard about and seen this week when our area received more than a foot of snow.


I saw a neighbor snowblowing off another neighbor's driveway, sidewalk, and around their mailbox. Also Wonderful Husband and 2 other men helped get a neighbor's car "unstuck" from the snow in his driveway.


#22 - #30 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

22 - red nail polish worn throughout the winter
 
23 - learning Selah means pause (see Psalms)

24 - a neighbor who calls to check that the "suspicious looking box truck" is in our driveway for a valid reason, and yes it was

25 - Girl Scout cookies (especially Short Breads and Lemonades)

26 - God answers prayers

27 - hair color, hair cut, and a talented hairdresser who always makes me feel lovely afterwards

28 - hearing our son helped his neighbor scrape ice off her windshield before he left for work

29 - my body that can shovel snow and although sore....is still healthy

30 - a warm home

Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Love your Thankful list! We do have so much to be thankful for don't we!!

    Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!