I've come to realize that when I focus on the blessings in my life, I am much happier overall. I am more attuned to God's presence (and presents). Please give it a try and discover if it changes your outlook on life too.
I have been struggling lately with the bitter cold which seems to have taken permanent residence in my area of Pennsylvania. It is freezing: morning, noon, and night. I'm not a coffee drinker but am thinking of taking it up just so I can stick my hands and feet into the warmth. Ha!
#1 - #9 on my list of One Thousand Gifts:
1. a new tradition, recognizing and thanking God for His blessings
2. the new year and the possibilities/opportunities ahead
3. receiving my first paycheck in over two years
4. Wonderful Husband who used the snowblower to clear the driveway
5. bunny tracks in the snow
6. a new treadmill which I laughingly call my best friend
7. New England Clam Chowder that warms me from the inside out
8. reading The One Year Chronological Bible
9. a beautiful ending to a snowy day
Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.
You can learn more about the Gratitude Community here.