I have joined Mary at Giving Up On Perfect in the "Losing It" weight loss challenge.
My plan is basically to eat less and move more.
1) Get on the treadmill 5 days a week.
2) Drink 48 oz. of water per day.
3) Take-in less calories (and healthier ones at that).
4) Lose 20 pounds at the end of 10 weeks.
Here is the update for Week 1:
1) After dusting off the treadmill (yes, I said "dusting" since it had been still for a loooooooong time), I tied on my tennis shoes and walked. 5 days, 3 mph at a 1% incline, for 15 minutes. I'm currently doing a Bible Study called "Me Myself & Lies...A Thought-Closet Makeover," by Jennifer Rothschild and you would have been laughing to hear me talking to myself through the 15 minutes! I kept repeating, "I am worth 15 minutes of exercise. It's good for me. I can do this." (Can you tell I really don't like to exercise? Ha!)
So this upcoming week my plan is to increase the time to 20 minutes. Who knows what I'll be saying to myself for 20 minutes, yet I guarantee it will be a positive pep talk! Thank you Jennifer!
2) I'm also not a big fan of water...yet I did drink my 48 oz. a day. I admit that after a few days it didn't feel like punishment. This is a habit I can live with.
3) I have been writing down what I eat (and drink) in order to be mindful of what I'm putting in this body. I am hoping that the Girl Scouts in my area aren't going to be outside selling cookies anymore too. I love Lemonades...shortbread cookies with lemon icing....but I digress. I did take-in less calories and actually had fish for dinner two nights in a row. That is a miracle for a girl raised in Texas and so very appreciative of a good steak.
4) Drumroll please........the scale moved down 1.5 lbs. this week.
Before Christmas, I had lunch with a friend and we discussed how when we even had the thought of "I need to lose some weight, " we'd sabotage ourselves and put on a few more pounds. A vicious cycle! Not anymore!
I have been sedentary for too long. I like this feeling of accountability and knowing that I will report my actions/progress on a weekly basis. I also appreciate your encouraging comments.
At the end of Week One, I am thankful.
If you care to join us, go to http://www.givinguponperfect.com/ or just stop by to cheer on the other participants. See you next week!