Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (858-863)

Continuing on my journey toward one thousand gifts....


I met Maria for coffee on Saturday.

We sat together for one hour and 45 minutes and after she shared something she was struggling with, I told her I'd pray for her and specified what my prayer would be.

After we left each other, I came to the conclusion that I had failed her as a friend.

I should not have told her what I would pray.

I should have asked her what she wanted me to pray for.

So I sent her a card on Monday apologizing for my "friendship fail," asking her what I could pray for and to please send me an email with her prayer request before she leaves on her trip on Thursday.

858 - 863 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

858. meeting Maria for coffee. We laughed, she cried. No, it wasn't something I said.

859. spotting this hot air balloon on the way home from dinner


860. two rubber duckies for our granddaughter's bath. Do you remember the words Ernie sang on Sesame Street?

861. new kitchen dish cloths and towels. Inspired to clean!


862. visiting  a new church with Wonderful Husband

863. Wonderful Husband. He is so very good to me.

This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.

Have you ever felt like you've failed another person?


Did you try for a "do-over" like me?

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed our list! I'm constantly doing do-overs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *your list...oh, how I wish for an edit button...

      Delete
    2. You're soooo funny! I'll share it and call it "our" list and thank God for the opportunity for do-overs! Blessings!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!