Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (249-261)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for over a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.

This past week I began reading Kelly Minter's book, The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ. Terri and I are going to begin talking about it this upcoming Thursday and it is the current feature for the Bloom / (in)courage book study too.

I am loving this book!

Kelly's precious words (on page 19) spoke to my heart about what I have been trying to understand and implement in my faith for years, that "...biblical virtues are not punitive but life-giving."

Life-giving.

Thank you Lord for being a life-giving God!
 
#249 - #261 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
 
249. an older couple holding hands while on their daily walk through town
 
250. a tree expert sharing his wisdom on the proper way to mulch around a tree
 
251. The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ by Kelly Minter. I am looking forward to discussing it with Terri.
 
252. a three day weekend (since July 4th fell on a Monday this year)
 
253. freedom in my faith
 
254. living in the United States of America
 
255. fireworks and the beauty in their design, color, and sparkle
 
256. our son coming for a visit from VA and treating him to a late birthday dinner
 
257. our daughter's continuing healthy pregnancy
 
258. Wonderful Husband playing golf and for his enjoyment and relaxation during the game
 
259. a new season of "Leverage" on TNT. Love the quirky characters!
 
260. sunny days with low humidity and a hint of a cool breeze

261. a life-giving God, freedom through Jesus Christ, and guidance through the Holy Spirit!

Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about Kelly's new study. I was blessed to do her study on idols several years ago and hadn't heard of this one. Loved your list of blessings. I came over from Ann's blog to read it.

    blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #'s 253 and 254!
    Also, I just watched Leverage which I had DVR'd. Great season premiere!
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought The Fitting room a few weeks ago. Can't decide if I'm going to start it now or wait until I'm done with my current study. I'd like to do it as a Bible study with several other women using the vlogs from (in)courage as an additional aid. From what I've read already in scanning it...looks to be a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!