This past week I began reading Kelly Minter's book, The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ. Terri and I are going to begin talking about it this upcoming Thursday and it is the current feature for the Bloom / (in)courage book study too.
I am loving this book!
Kelly's precious words (on page 19) spoke to my heart about what I have been trying to understand and implement in my faith for years, that "...biblical virtues are not punitive but life-giving."
Thank you Lord for being a life-giving God!
#249 - #261 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
249. an older couple holding hands while on their daily walk through town
250. a tree expert sharing his wisdom on the proper way to mulch around a tree
251. The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ by Kelly Minter. I am looking forward to discussing it with Terri.
252. a three day weekend (since July 4th fell on a Monday this year)
253. freedom in my faith
254. living in the United States of America
255. fireworks and the beauty in their design, color, and sparkle
256. our son coming for a visit from VA and treating him to a late birthday dinner
257. our daughter's continuing healthy pregnancy
258. Wonderful Husband playing golf and for his enjoyment and relaxation during the game
259. a new season of "Leverage" on TNT. Love the quirky characters!
260. sunny days with low humidity and a hint of a cool breeze
261. a life-giving God, freedom through Jesus Christ, and guidance through the Holy Spirit!
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.