Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (282-291)

Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...



A recurring theme during my week was relationships.

My relationship with Christ while reading the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

A great post by Jon Acuff at "Stuff Christians Like" called The tell. He caught my attention when he wrote, "Because most of us don't have strong relationships." Ouch.

I met Melanie (Wonderful Husband's cousin's wife) for coffee on Wednesday and we had a fascinating conversation about our lives and our faith. We were together for two hours and it seemed like only minutes.

Wonderful Husband, our daughter and I went to a family picnic on Saturday and had more relationship building conversations.

#282 - #291 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

282. realizing the importance of investing my time and energy in relationships

283. Diane re-newing a library book, then lending it to me to read (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows). Now that is a good friend!

284. going to the public library to check-out some fun, summer books on Saturday. It's been too long since I've been to our local library and everything has been rearranged. Who knew I'd have an adventure at the library?

285. baking chocolate chip cookies for the family picnic. Yum!



286. visiting with family and catching up on the latest news about job searches, upcoming surgeries, baby shower plans, and life

287. following our nephew and his friends blogging about their bicycling trip from Buffalo to Albany. (Better them than me:)

288. a healthy report from my annual mammogram

289. the first week of worship in our church's gym. (The sanctuary is undergoing construction).

290. attending church with our daughter and her boyfriend. (Would it be considered "attending gym" instead of church I wonder? And if so...how come I didn't lose any weight? lol)

291. Wonderful Husband enjoying an overnight golf outing. He deserves the rest, relaxation, and fun!

Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!