I have joined Mary at Giving Up On Perfect in the "Losing It" weight loss challenge.
My plan is basically to eat less and move more.
1) Get on the treadmill 5 days a week.
2) Drink 48 oz. of water per day.
3) Take-in less calories (and healthier ones at that).
4) Lose 20 pounds at the end of 10 weeks.
Here is the update for Week 2:
1) This week I increased my time on the treadmill from 15 to 20 minutes, 5 days, 1% incline at 3 mph. On Wednesday I was "dreading treading," yet made myself climb on and 4 1/2 minutes in was "in the groove." I learned that if I just start moving...the positive feelings will follow shortly thereafter.
2) Drank over 48 oz. of water per day. Water isn't so bad after all. (Yet Diet Coke is still my favorite liquid refreshment.)
3) I did go out to eat lunch on Saturday at Chili's with my wonderful husband. I ate 1/2 of my bacon cheeseburger and fries and brought home my leftovers for lunch on Sunday. On Wednesday, I visited another blog where people were saying that they go online and look up menu items to see how many calories are listed so they can make a smart choice on what to order. I went online and Chili's bacon burger (not with cheese like I had ordered) was listed at 1080 calories. YIKES! That was just the burger no fries included. Now I'm wondering if I'll drive myself nuts looking up menus online or if I should stick with my "ignorance is bliss" thinking. I did enjoy the burger and fries...
4) Lost 2 lbs. this week. (Total loss in 2 weeks is 3.5 lbs.) Hooray!
At the end of Week Two, I am hopeful.
If you care to join us, go to http://www.givinguponperfect.com/ or just stop by to cheer on the other participants. See you next week!