I have joined Mary at Giving Up On Perfect in the "Losing It" weight loss challenge.
My plan is basically to eat less and move more.
1) Get on the treadmill 6 days a week.
2) Drink 64 oz. of water per day.
3) Take-in less calories (and healthier ones at that).
4) Lose 20 pounds at the end of 10 weeks.
An updated goal for Weeks 5-10:
Addition of sit-ups on an exercise ball, and light weights (not on the exercise ball)!
Here is the update for Week 4:
1) I have continued on the treadmill 6 days this week for 20 minutes, 3 mph at a 1% incline.
Did you know that scientists have determined it takes 21 days for people to form a new habit?
I noticed after my Week Three post that it was more natural for me to get on the treadmill. I believe I have changed my behavior (from sedentary to active) and it is now a normal scheduled part of my day. Yippee!
2) My water intake is 64 oz. per day. I now call water..."nature's liquid refreshment," instead of "are you kidding me?"!
3) I snacked more this past week and have come to the conclusion that snacking isn't bad (as long as I stick to healthier snack choices learned during my South Beach Diet days.) So this week I'm re-introducing myself to apples with peanut butter, celery with Laughing Cow Cheese, and turkey roll ups with cilantro mayo. (I just re-read that last sentence and let me assure you, these are separate snacks...not eaten at one sitting!)
4) Lost 1.5 lbs. this week. (Total loss in 4 weeks is 5.5 lbs.) Total percentage of body weight loss will be posted on Week 10.
At the end of Week Four, I am grateful.
Grateful for this body that God has given me and grateful that it remembers how to move.
If you care to join us, go to http://www.givinguponperfect.com/ or just stop by to cheer on the other participants. See you next week!