Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Christian Freedom

When we get home from church, my son and I have started watching Andy Stanley's TV sermons. I'd seen yesterday's sermon before so I was in and out of the room. When it was over, my son said that it seems like he could do all the sinning he wants and as long as he asks God for forgiveness, he could move on and keep on sinning.

An interesting observation to say the least.

I told him that I believe that as Christians, knowledgeable in what most of the Scripture says, we have a responsibility to try and not sin.  Ask God for forgiveness when we do. And then try to do better.

He listened to what I said and yet I could tell I hadn't really "sold" him with my answer.

A few minutes later, he walked back into the study and said, "When I went back into the family room there was a Bible verse on the screen. Galatians 5:13." We looked it up. "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love."

Then we read what my NIV Study Bible notes said about the verse. "True Christian liberty is not license to sin but freedom to serve God and one another."

I told my son that he had a God moment.
He had a question and God answered.
My son agreed.

Thank you God for answering our questions!

Have you received an answer from God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!