Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Preparation with Sugar

I asked Wonderful Husband to stop at a store on Friday to pick up "important stuff" like soda and a gift card.

After work he texted me with the question, "Soda and what else?" I replied, "Gift card."

A few minutes later I texted, "Still there?" but didn't receive a reply. I was going to suggest a couple more items but no big deal. I wonder if he knew why I asked and decided to "not get" the text? Hmmmm....

When he arrived home he said he bought more than what I asked for and we both started laughing when he brought in the bags and started unloading them.

You see, Hurricane Sandy is in the news with plenty of notice before her arrival. We're fortunate to live inland and to have plenty of water, flashlights, food, and all the laundry is washed, dried and put away. We're expecting a lot of rain and high winds and if you're nearby....come on over to what is now known as "The Sugar House."

We have crackers, cookies, and candy corn to share.

Note to self: Keep Wonderful Husband off the aisle with
merchandise which begins with the letter "C."
We have enough to be on a sugar-high for a few days if the electricity goes out.

Here's a picture of the sky at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. They're forecasting heavy rain to begin around 11:00 p.m. tonight, through Monday and into Tuesday. Sustained winds of 50-80 mph are in our forecast too.

Awfully dark and gray for 10:00 a.m.


My questions are:

Would you add us to your Prep Team?

Or only invite us to participate if you're running low on sugar?

I think we have the sugar "food group" covered!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!