Wonderful Husband and I took a road trip to Maryland this past weekend for a wedding. We left Friday night after work and encountered storms along the way. Some of the rains were heavy and the windshield wipers couldn't keep up with the rain. That was when Wonderful Husband was driving and I was praying. We made it safely to the hotel, still tense but were able to relax once we checked in, brought our luggage to our room, and had a drink in the hotel bar.
Wonder of all wonders, when we woke up on Saturday (the day of the wedding) the sky was blue, the sun was bright, humidity low, windy yet sunny and in the 70s.
I saw my friend Terri (mother of the groom) minutes before the wedding and just have to say, her dress was magical. I thought it was a beautiful purple and minutes later as she was escorted down the aisle....it was a lovely blue. She was glamorous!
Of course the bride and groom were beautiful and handsome and the ceremony just perfect.
Our beautiful table at the reception:
Stepping on the hotel elevator to leave for the reception with two people and their dog Poopsie. (Name not changed to protect the
A couple floors down, the elevator opens and the parents of the bride enter. I said, "You must be the parents of the bride." The mom says, "How did you know?" I thought about saying I was psychic but instead was truthful, "I was at the wedding." Too funny.
#781 - 796 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
781. safe travel through torrential Maryland rain
782. Wonderful Husband's calm driving skills
783. God's protection
784. celebrating Pat and Megan's wedding
785. Terri and her magical dress
786. sitting with Denise and her family at the reception
787. a room filled with happy people celebrating a new marriage
788. sweet wedding favors: chocolate dipped pretzels! Really creative and yummy.
789. watching Orioles flying around the hotel
790. never seeing Poopsie again
791. Wonderful Husband playing his guitar. Our granddaughter watches him like he's a rock star!
792. a gift card to Berean Christian Bookstore...$30 never sailed through my fingers so quickly
793. hard eucharisteo: our local Genuardi's grocery store closing down, to be replaced with a Weis'? Change from the familiar yet I'm hoping to see familiar faces when the store re-opens
794. bi-planes flying side-by-side overhead
795. our son getting his Virginia driver's license. Yippee!
796. finding Wordle and still trying to figure it out
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Have you been to a wedding lately or pray while your husband drives through storms?