Continuing on my journey toward one thousand gifts....
Wonderful Husband and I had an appointment on Saturday to help our daughter with some home improvements at her apartment. We loaded the mirror from her old bedroom into my van and stopped at a bagel shop on the way. (My family makes fun of my van but let me tell you that when big items need to be hauled/transported....she comes in mighty handy!)
Now I'm going to get sidetracked on my new favorite bagel flavor: multigrain! We bought a dozen and while standing in line who should appear behind us but a couple members from our church. Katie just graduated from university and will be moving to Maryland to begin her career next month.
On the road again, Wonderful Husband and I commented on how healthy Katie looked. She's suffered with anorexia for years and no longer looks gaunt and fragile. I pray that she is completely healed.
We arrived at our daughter's apartment and Wonderful Husband and our son-in-law lugged the mirror up to the third floor. I was my usual helpful self and carried my purse, my Diet Coke, and a patriotic pinwheel (gift for our granddaughter). Oh, I held the door open for them too.
Wonderful Husband helped hang the mirror, drilled a hole in the back of the TV stand so the wires could be "fed through it," and then held the wires out of my way while I vacuumed up all the sawdust from the drilling.
I played with the pinwheel to our granddaughter's delight/confusion, changed her diaper and generally cuddled and kissed her like crazy. It was a good beginning to our holiday weekend.
769 - 780 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
769. my van is useful in hauling items and for 8 years old, she runs like a champ!
770. helping our daughter and her family with home improvements
771. Wonderful Husband being the true handyman in these situations
772. Katie's good health and beginning her career
773. a sweet thank you note from our 9 year old nephew who wrote, "Thank you for the check my mom gave it to the bank and got the money and gave it to me."
774. punctuation. I realize how much I adore/depend on it! Ha!
775. Maria telling me about Heaven & Home Hour and the series: "Experiencing the Grace of God," by Jonathan Williams
776. Pentecost. God's gift of the Holy Spirit.
778. those currently serving and protecting our country
779. the United States of America
780. God and His continuous blessings
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Can you recommend any programs to watch or listen to online?