Continuing on my journey toward one thousand gifts....
Saturday was a lovely day in PA! The sun shone brightly and the temperature was in the 70s. About three years ago Wonderful Husband and his three siblings began a Mother's Day tradition for their mom. They purchase flowers and all join together to plant them in her flowerbeds and containers.
Their mom is in her 80s and has been having a rough time this year with constant pain. She'll begin physical therapy this week and I know that she appreciates her kids adding beauty and color to her life and to her yard. I think Wonderful Husband's dad appreciates it too since he's "a frugal sort" and doesn't have to let go of his money for this gift. Ha!
Kudos to "the kids" (in their 50s and 60s) planting flowers for their mom!
757 - 763 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
757. Wonderful Husband and his siblings tradition of planting flowers for their mom for Mother's Day
758. our children: the Teacher (our son) and Young Sweetie (our daughter)
759. my son-in-law dropping off my Mother's Day gift of geraniums late Saturday night. I loved peeking out the window on Sunday and spotting them on the porch....just waiting for me to plant! Hooray!
760. reading a blog where someone in the Comments section had recommended the free purchase of the book Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk by Dale & Jonalyn Fincher. (I guess I have a bit of a "frugal side" like my father-in-law. :)
761. an eloquent post from Amy at The Messy Middle. She's a teacher in China and taught me to look at Mother's Day from a big picture perspective.
762. my friend Terri. She is an awesome gifter and this year chose a beach theme for my birthday. And can I just say that my favorite color is 'periwinkle?' It's a beautiful blue on my tote bag and just the word 'periwinkle' brings a smile to my face!
763. God giving me such a wonderful family and wonderful friends!
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Are you (or someone you know) an awesome gift giver?