This past week had an abundance of birthday celebrations and it continues into this week too. The funniest part for me was going to a store on Saturday and the sign inside said, "If you have a birthday this month, you get 20% off your purchase."
WOW! It was my lucky day....or should I say birthday month?
Thanks Mom and Dad!
748 - 756 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
748. celebrating Diane's birthday with breakfast for dinner at Perkins
749. lunch out with my co-workers celebrating Laura's past birthday and my upcoming birthday
750. hard eucharisteo...focusing this past week on Proverbs 16:24, "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Epic fail on my part, especially while driving to and from work. I'm beginning to think only duct tape over my mouth will work while driving. Prayers requested.
751. God's sense of humor and timing. On the way to church, the car in front of me had a bumper sticker that said, "just be nice."
752. Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Not a coincidence that Psalm 19 is this week's "Trusting God for a Better Tomorrow: A Study of the Psalms," at Wendy Pope's blog. Yes Lord, you have my attention! And Wendy challenged us to focus on this verse for the next month.
753. sending a late birthday email to our niece-in-law and receiving her sweet reply. Oh and by the way, she ran in the 2012 Blue Cross Broad Street Run this past Sunday in Philadelphia.
754. a road trip for Wonderful Husband, our daughter, granddaughter, and son-in-law to see the Phillies play the Nationals in Washington, DC. They met up with our son and enjoyed the game together.
|Poor hot child. The day did become overcast later.|
Her uncle is the hero diving for a foul ball in the stands for her!
That's why I call him Funcle (Fun Uncle)!
755. being treated to a pre-birthday breakfast by Paula and Maria. Wonderful women and we talked about life and faith during the calorie intake.
756. turning 51 on Thursday. Life keeps getting better with
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Have you noticed God repeating Himself to you lately?