Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (663-684)

Continuing on my journey toward one thousand gifts....


My word for 2012 is Fellowship.

1. the condition or relations of being a fellow: the fellowship of humankind
2. friendly relationship; companionship: the fellowship of father and son
3. community of interest, feeling, etc.
4. communion, as between members of the same church
5. friendliness
Dictionary.com


I was blessed to have a lot of fellowship opportunities over my extended weekend and God was there overseeing them all.


#663 - 684 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

663. experiencing God's presence in my life

664. taking Friday off from work

665. Wonderful Husband's kiss goodbye (at 4:30 a.m.) before he left on his North Carolina golf trip

666. meeting Charlotte and Kaye for breakfast

667. giving them spring bouquets. Yea Spring!

668. passing along Guideposts magazines to Charlotte. (My way of recycling.)

669. being treated to breakfast. Thank you Kaye!

670. running errands on a Friday morning. I was very efficient.

671. a surprise when I arrive home: balloons tied on the mailbox. I'm thinking it was a mistake (a basketball and a star?)! Funny though.

672. re-packing St. Patrick's Day decorations in a tub in the basement

673. decorating for Easter

674. a warm day before cool weather returned

675. turning on the air conditioning in my van and at home and both work

676. crazy forsythia in full bloom




677. iced coffee with Maria, talking about books, Bible Study, Growth Groups, church, life

678. inviting my sis-in-law over for Saturday lunch. Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Recipe here.

679. nightly phone calls from Wonderful Husband and his good golf/weather reports

680. my belief that change promotes growth; and a growing family recognizing the need for change in family holiday traditions

681. worship at church. It really is a great way to start my week.

682. walking to the parking lot with Diane after church. She's leaving for a 10 day trip to Prague and when she comes back she's giving her 30 year old nephew a copy of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, on the occasion of his first confirmation into a church.

683. a surprise granddaughter-sitting opportunity and Barb and Diane coming over to admire/play/feed her

684. Wonderful Husband's safe return home and seeing his happiness that the trip provided

This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.

Do you have a golfer in your life?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    What a wonderful list of things you've got to be thankful for--you are BLESSED! (I laughed over the balloons on your mailbox!)

    Thanks so much for your sweet comments over at my blog. I appreciate you and hope you have a wonderful week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closest thing I have to a golfer is a boy who likes to hit his sisters with a plastic bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amelia! You crack me up! Who knows...you might have a golfer in your future :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!