Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (588-600)

Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...




I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I'd loaded some books on it and set it aside while I finished "reading a book the old fashioned way."

Finally. I was ready to use the Kindle and like the convenience of thinking that the next time we go on vacation, I don't have to lug a bag full of books with me. But the challenge seems to be that I keep finding my fingers automatically going to the right top corner, thinking I will be turning the page.

It makes me laugh!

#588 - 600 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

588. laughing at my own silliness using new technology

589. Wonderful Husband giving me flowers, candy and a card for Valentine's Day. I must have been very good this year! Ha!



590. the happiness this flower brings to my heart. Is it a mum I wonder?



591. Terri's birthday and my package to her arriving only one day late

592. a good orthodontist appointment. I still laugh when I go and although there are a few grownups (like me) as patients, I can tell he works mostly with kids since he praises me for being still. Hee hee!

593. hard eucharisteo: my small group on Thursday night. We've met twice yet I need to pray for patience toward others since I left feeling annoyed last week. Open my heart to these people Lord!

594. my belief that God places all people into my life for His purpose and my benefit

595. Wonderful Husband tossing out old papers and obsolete technology books. Spring cleaning early I wonder? Yea!

596. a washer and dryer that do the heavy work of clean laundry

597. our 3 month old granddaughter's quivering mouth after her bath. Poor baby was cold.

598. a new toothpaste that guarantees whiter teeth. (A commercial wouldn't lie, would it? Hmmmm)

599. Wonderful Husband filing our federal tax return

600. turning my focus toward Lent this week

Then he (Jesus) said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”
Matthew 22:21b (NIV)


This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.

3 comments:

  1. I love your list! I keep working on my own as well! Nice to visit your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I need to get my taxes done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a mum to me! One of my kids did that lip quivering thing, couldn't even catch it on video it was so fast. And we need to get on our taxes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!