Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...
We have lived a celebratory life these past couple weeks. On Tuesday our daughter was married at a courthouse and afterward we went out to dinner. On Sunday our granddaughter was baptized at our church and afterward we went out to breakfast.
Events celebrated and food. It has been a full couple weeks which led me to tell Wonderful Husband that life can now settle down a bit and the old saying, "Eat less, move more," will be our focus for a while.
#574 - 587 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
574. our daughter and Andy's wedding
575. the many women from our church mailing cards of congratulations to the happy couple. (We call it a card shower.)
576. our granddaughter's baptism
577. people congratulating the three of them after the service
578. celebrating other's milestones
579. snow on a Saturday with no worries about going out
580. emails from friends that make me smile
581. a new fellowship opportunity at my church on Thursday nights
582. Paula, Carole and Carol witnessing our granddaughter's baptism
583. God spotlighting all the women surrounding me with their wisdom, love and grace
584. my co-worker's mind-blowing (to me) story about possibly reuniting with her ex-husband. Compared to her, my life is b-o-r-i-n-g. Ha!
585. hugs from Wonderful Husband and the love I feel in his arms
586. our son calling to hear about the baptism and catch up on life
587. a mailing business that will box up birthday gifts more efficiently than I ever could
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Do you overload on food during celebrations?