Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...
I have been working since December 1, 2010, and in all that time I have been the first to arrive at work twice and had to shut off the alarm.
The first time, I set off the alarm and it took a few minutes for the alarm company to instruct me how to shut it off. My ears were ringing for quite a while afterward and my nerves were jingly-jangly too.
The second time was last week and knowing in advance I'd be the first to arrive at work I prayed before going in. I asked God to help me key in my code and for the alarm to not go off.
All went well with no shrieking alarm yet I must admit my nerves were jingly-jangly anyway.
Do you pray for small things to go well?
#553 - 562 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
553. not setting off the alarm at work
554. every sunrise I see in the morning
555. every sunset I see on the way home from work
556. the startling, icy sting of a cold glass of milk on my fingertips
557. fellowship with our daughter and Presby women at the Funcheon (Fun Luncheon. The word Funcheon makes me smile.)
558. two women sharing their hard eucharisteo. One's husband left after 16 years of marriage and how God helped her to forgive him. The other's soon-to-be ex-husband committed suicide and how she felt God's presence during and His comforting presence after while raising their two sons.
559. sending thank you cards to those two courageous women for sharing their hardships and faith
560. worshiping at the 11:00 a.m. service at our church
561. praying to God for two weeks of energy, wisdom and stamina while celebrating our daughter's pre-wedding party, wedding, and our granddaughter's baptism
562. celebrating God's gifts and blessings showering down upon our family
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14 (NIV)
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Thanks for stopping by!