Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...
"In the beginning God created..."
Genesis 1:1a (NLT)
Over and over I read "and God saw that it" (light, land, seas, vegetation, plants, trees that grow seed-bearing fruit, sun, moon, stars, water creatures, birds, wild animals, livestock, small animals, human beings) "was very good."
Genesis 1:3-31a (NLT)
For the first time in my life, this new year seems to be a year of mystery.
In past years, I would be anticipating upcoming events.
I have no idea what will unfold in 2012.
God knows what is coming.
I will place my trust in Him.
In 2012, I embrace:
moving forward in counting toward one thousand gifts;
documenting the easy eucharisteo and the hard eucharisteo;
striving to be a better wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, grandniece, niece, aunt, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, friend, and co-worker,
with help from God.
#511 - 521 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
511. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
512. a new year
513. a new calendar
514. a fresh start
515. holidays off from work
516. time intentionally spent with family
517. our granddaughter's loud cries, such healthy lungs :)
518. a couple days in the mid 50s...warmed my soul
519. a new, smaller purse (hoping I'll be able to find stuff easier ;)
520. Wonderful Husband installing new knobs on kitchen drawers and cabinets
521. the year of 2011. God stretched and strengthened me using my (our?) chosen word of "grace." He knew what the year held and how much I needed His grace and needed to extend grace to others.
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Do you choose a word to focus on during the year?
I admit I'm struggling this year...still praying for it.