Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (522-535)

While Ann Voskamp has challenged everyone to take the Joy Dare 2012, I am continuing my journey toward counting one thousand gifts. I will occasionally use her prompts from the monthly scheduled list because some of them turn my focus and stretch my observation skills. I was a bit concerned though that if I followed her scheduled prompts only, I would miss encountering my everyday blessings.




#522 - 535 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

522. watching/babysitting our granddaughter on New Year's Eve

She did nap but was awake at midnight!

523. neighbors that set off a great fireworks display at midnight. I love watching them from inside our house, the noise is muffled and the view is awesome!

524. my word for 2012: fellowship. I struggled to find it and will live it this year.

525. blogging my first review and hostessing my first giveaway

526. the writers at (in)courage. So much wisdom and encouragement which I read daily.

527. our daughter letting me borrow her car while my van was being repaired. She is a cheerful giver!

528. a text with a picture from Terri of her first grandchild

529. the amazing miracle of birth

530. God's timing and His continuing gift of hope in my life. My hope is in the Lord!

531. beginning to read Philip Yancey's book, Disappointment in God. (I appreciate his provocative titles and his walking through scripture.)

532. a new show I just discovered. "Person of Interest." Loving it!

533. Wonderful Husband. He brings love and wisdom to my world!

534. fellowship with friends of faith at breakfast on Saturday. We laugh, cry, and hold each other in prayer.

535. receiving a save-the-date postcard for our nephew's upcoming wedding in August. Already thinking about buying a new, cool, summer dress...

This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.

Are you taking the Joy Dare 2012 challenge or writing a variation of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!