Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

I Can't Make This Stuff Up

I normally live a boring life. I pay the bills in our family and I am quite good at "living within my means."

Last Sunday after church and grocery shopping, I decided to scoop up the bills that had arrived during the past week and pay them online.

I went into the study and looked at the water bill....

(As a bit of a history lesson, our previous water bill which arrives quarterly was $221.26.)

Here is what our water bill from October 1 - December 31 looked like:



Need a closer look?


Really?

$9,769.32????

OK.
So our township made a whopping mistake.
I did call and they sent a corrected bill.
Much better.

Yet even our local government seems to have a sense of humor when on the left side of the bill, I read the message.....




That's right people!

Conserve water.

I can't make this stuff up!

Have you had a mistake on a bill that almost made your blood pressure fly through the roof? Please share.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have a mistake made by the company, but I didn't pay our bill (very unlike me) for two months. I sorta think we didn't get it, or I forgot to push the correct button on our bill pay site. We got "the call." I felt sick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!