Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...
This past week was filled with moments of joy and moments of sorrow. Isn't that one way to define life as being filled with joys and sorrows?
#536 - 552 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
536. scripture that says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)
537. the return of my van, newly repaired from "the deer incident"
538. Mary Beth and Debbie. Meeting for dinner at Giuseppe's, catching up on our lives.
539. Randi, my giveaway winner and mailing her gifts off this week
540. solving a problem (I hope) with the comments section of my blog. I am becoming skilled in troubleshooting technology....this should be described as a miracle!
542. thermal underwear, a hooded coat, and winter boots which kept me warm and toasty while shoveling snow in 25 degree temperatures
543. the neighbor's dog rolling around in the snow. I can only describe him (or her) as a joyful dog!
545. oatmeal with blueberries
546. our son telling me about the sermon at his church. Love that I will be able to listen to it online!
547. good use of technology
548. sending a sympathy card to a family whose daughter/sister died of brain cancer
549. praying for others
550. the CaringBridge website. Another example of a good use of technology.
551. accepting an invitation to join a fellowship/small group beginning in February
552. Dr David Jeremiah's ending of his sermon, "Don't worry about anything. Pray about everything."
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6 (NIV)
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Do you participate in a small group?