Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (69-78)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.




Years ago I bought a simple decoration for Thanksgiving. For the next few years, I took it out in November to decorate and packed it away in December.


Two years ago, I started leaving it out all year long because I started thinking that I should Be Thankful all the time. Not just at Thanksgiving. I keep it near my kitchen sink because while I'm doing the daily work of preparing meals and cleaning the kitchen the words are a positive, tangible, mind-focusing reminder to Be Thankful.

In All Things.

So it amazes me that a year later I found Ann's blog. Started reading her posts. Started my own list of One Thousand Gifts. Have since read her book and these two words were preparing me for this season of my life.

#69 - #78 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
 
69. God who is leading me through this adventure of life with deep spiritual lessons.

70. a repaired/new mailbox

71. cranberry juice and the tangy flavor first thing every morning.

72. my habit of cleaning up the kitchen every night and being greeted by it in the morning.

73. our son passing one of his required tests for teaching.

74. celebrating Linda's (a co-worker's) birthday

75. beginning a new Bible Study with Terri (Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be by Donna Partow). Who knows....soon I might be awesome!

76. the Holy Spirit and my being more in tune with him.

77. warm socks on cold feet

78. discussing vacation plans with Wonderful Husband. I'm soooo ready!

Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. And so it’s Wednesday and Multitude Monday was – well – Monday – but I am determined to keep reading these – what – 40,000 gratitude linkies…

    And I come to yours and I am smiling. “Be Thankful” – beautiful!!

    I always pick a favorite from the list – and mine today, from yours is 77. warm socks on cold feet (how do they get so cold – and mmmmm how they warm up – until you step on something wet – ugh – but I get it – I do :)

    It was really nice reading you today.

    God Bless and keep you and all of yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I'm going to have to check it out. Thank you for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!