Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Direction

I have been reading Daily Lectionary readings (off and on) for a while. I also read "The Upper Room" daily devotional.

I've decided to follow along with Wendy Pope's group who are reading "The One Year Chronological Bible" (NLT). Although I don't have that specific Bible, I printed off the year's readings and have decided to join today (May 16) and follow along.

Wendy does a daily vlog (Monday-Friday) and then the other participants leave comments. Wendy takes the weekends off but leaves what she calls, "Open Blog Weekend," and the ladies can leave comments on their weekend readings.

So my new direction is changing from Daily Lectionary readings to one year chronological reading. I will continue reading "The Upper Room" daily devotionals too.

A couple of side notes...
Wendy Pope is part of Proverbs 31 Ministries. A cool group of Christian women (speakers, writers) who bring their individual talents together and have made my world a better place.

One of the best parts, where my Wonderful Husband works, is that it's a family-owned company and the retired patriarch buys "The Upper Room" devotionals and leaves them in the breakroom for any employee to pick up, free of charge. He is a good Christian man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!