Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Believe

In "The Upper Room" devotional reading (2 Timothy 3:10-17), vs. 12 jumped out at me.

"In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." How very true!

In the U.S., politicians refer to us as "The Far Right." Some citizens want The 10 Commandments removed from government buildings, to remove "In God We Trust" from our paper currency, and to not have Nativity scenes on public property. In public schools, I've seen Christmas concerts renamed Holiday concerts, renamed Winter concerts.

Some Christians in other countries have to worship in secret. Some Christians are imprisoned and/or die for their faith.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that all Christians are perfect. I'm focusing on the truth of the Scripture that was written many years ago that says that we will be persecuted.

The end of my reading today in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is where I feel comfort. It says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!