Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Discipline - Week 1

Karen Ehman is encouraging us to memorize the verse listed below:

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11

This is why I have decided to join Karen's "Weight Loss Wednesdays" group. To keep my focus on God who created me and is allowing me "to lease" my body for my duration on Earth.

I haven't treated my body responsibly in the past and am working on correcting that now.

Discipline is what I have re-introduced into my life for the past 11 weeks. I have been paying attention to the food I put in my mouth and re-introduced myself to exercise (treadmill, light weights, and sit-ups). During the 10 week "Losing It" weight loss challenge I lost 10 lbs. A happy beginning for me!

I have marked another 10 weeks into my calendar with today's date being my new end of Week 1. And I have lost 1.5 lbs. this week. I've exercised and been very disciplined with food this week since I have a birthday coming up (and Mother's Day too) so I know that a dinner to Outback is in my near future. And I love a hearty sampling of the Bloomin' Onion along with my steak dinner! Oh and some Carvel icecream cake too!

No guilt for me, just preparation for the upcoming celebration(s)! Prior planning works for me.

It's true that discipline doesn't seem pleasant at the time, yet it is producing a harvest of peace while I move forward in my lifestyle change journey.

Now it's time for me to do my assignment and memorize Hebrews 12:11.

How has your week been?

2 comments:

  1. You've had a GREAT week! Whoop!

    Enjoy your bloomin' onion and cake...
    Sounds like you're ready for them.

    Love the verse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! 1.5 lbs is sweet! Happy Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!