Yesterday I was known as 'Cindy in New Jersey.' I drove Wonderful Husband and his parents to cousin Marion's farm to meet Dina and Uli who are some sort of cousinly relations and were visiting from Germany.
They spoke with a delightful German accented English and I thought that if I ever was to visit them and sit in a room full of German relations, I wouldn't be able to communicate a bit with them in their native language.
We spent a few hours visiting and then traveled back to "our homeland," Pennsylvania.
|A family reunion|
#365-373 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
365. Wonderful Husband's family reunion which included meeting a new cousin and her husband from Germany
366. spending the day at a beautiful farm
367. knowing Sara through her blog Gitzen Girl. Rest in peace dear one.
368. surprising Charlotte with the Ask Seek Knock plaque from DaySpring
369. still reading Philip Yancey's book What's So Amazing About Grace? His writing speaks to my heart and soul.
370. gray hair and grace at the beauty shop
371. a clean house and preparing for our daughter's baby shower on Saturday
372. Wonderful Husband battling ants and weeds. I hope he wins!
373. laying out in the sun and absorbing Vitamin D
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.