Although it was a four day work week instead of five, the week seemed very long.
Rain, rain, and more rain.
Once again some of our area experienced flooding -- some roads and some people's basements/homes. The daytime color scheme varied only by the gray from light gray to dark gray.
Then I begin thinking of people who don't have jobs and areas in our country/world that are parched because that don't have rain, and my mind begins to seek and name the blessings.
#352-358 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
352. seeing the sun peeking through clouds after days of gray and rain. Thank you Lord!
353. Maria who is the new co-Bible Study leader
354. meeting her for coffee on Saturday and our conversation that God is good all the time
355. recognizing that marriage can be strengthened when spouses communicate during hard times
356. a hug for Ann before her husband's funeral
357. Julie Gillies' post called Breathe. I read it a week ago and it realigned my soul. I read it again one week later because sometimes I need repetition, and yes, it was just as calming the second time. Thank you Julie!
358. scripture I read this week. Daniel 6:4b: "He was faithful, always responsible, and completely trustworthy." Amazed that Daniel's enemies described him with these characteristics.
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.
What are you thankful for this week?