Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (374-381)

Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...



This past Saturday I hostessed our daughter's baby shower. The house was clean and I took care of the invitations and food. Melissa (our niece, her cousin) volunteered to decorate and plan the game. Twenty-one ladies attended and it was a fun-filled three hour event.


See how I can sneak into a picture? Ha!




Love her in a tiara!
Wished I had one too.


The required side view photo.

Monkey is the shower theme.
Loved it when Wonderful Husband said it looked like
someone walked all over the cake. lol


Monkey cookies as parting gifts for the guests.

#374-381 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

374. Jessa, Andy, and Amber. I'm excited about Amber's arrival because my plan is be known as "Sneaky Fun Grandma."

375. being hostess for our daughter's baby shower

376. Melissa decorating with a great helper (Wonderful Husband). It allowed me to plan the menu and prepare the food.

377. family and friends attending

378. everyone bringing their appetites. (I was afraid of storing massive amounts of leftovers, yet these ladies did me proud!)

379. the generosity of family and friends. So many cute/useful gifts, and only a few had to be explained to me. (Wow. Baby paraphenalia sure has changed in 25 years. Ha!)

380. the talented cake decorator and cookie baker. Cute creations and delicious too!

381.God and His grace. Thankful that I receive it and am better at sharing it with others.

Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

Have you thrown a shower/party lately?

1 comment:

  1. I love those monkey cookies!
    I've thrown a few showers and weddings in the last two years. I'm exhausted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!