I saw the oddest thing while driving to a grocery store in North Carolina.
A man had parked his truck in a field.
Maybe it was his field, maybe it wasn't.
He was walking alongside an enormous tortoise.
Maybe it was his tortoise, maybe is wasn't.
It occurred to me that I have only seen tortoises at a zoo or on television.
And I think the ones on television were at a zoo too.
Oh how I wished I'd had my camera with me!
I'll be paying close attention while walking outside in case there has been a tortoise takeover near Calabash, North Carolina.
Have you seen surprising wildlife nearby?
#387-395 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
387. visiting with our son in Virginia
388. safe travel to North Carolina
389. a cool evening with a breeze
390. a beautiful sunrise
391. Wonderful Husband "working" on his golf game
392. wireless internet at the condo. We've always been told that it's available and this time I call it our wireless miracle! Ha!
393. catching the sun's rays at the swimming pool. Warm day, cool water. Perfect!
394. six days off from work
395. fully embracing vacation mode
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.