This is my Wildwood, New Jersey edition of the blessings we experienced during our day and a half trip. It was a fun and renewing get away!
#303 - #326 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
303. found a room at the Cape Cod Inn for Friday night. A bargain (for Wildwood). One block from the beach. Booyah!
304. Hooked on Books. Our tradition to stop by this second hand bookstore. My lucky day! Purchased Good Hope Road by Lisa Wingate (2003).
305. a day at the beach
306. the single prop airplanes with ad banners trailing behind. My favorite? "Bank in your bikini. Beneficial." It made me laugh since I don't own a bikini, I can't bank in one. You're welcome. :)
307. watching parasailing or are they called para-sailors? I don't have the courage to do it yet admire those who do!
|Picture taken from our motel.|
|Oh no! Watch out for the building!|
Please note: No para-sailors were hurt during this photo shoot!
|The wrapped version.|
|The in-use version.|
309. hot sand under my flip flops and cold ocean water on my bare feet
310. a beach umbrella and its protection from the hot sun
311. napping on the beach
312. a delightful, cool, ocean breeze
313. people watching. The shore provides multi-generational fun. Fun for babies to elderly.
314. remembering to bring my visor
315. the helpful salesperson who went "the extra mile" to find a pair of tennis shoes in my size that felt good on my goofy feet from a store I'd never heard of (Peebles). They were having a buy one / get one half off sale. Purchased new sandals too.
316. walking to the boardwalk (in my new shoes). Two miles of lights, music, people, amusement rides and games on piers. Have you ever heard the recorded voice that says, "Watch the tram car please."???
317. standing in a line of 20+ people at Sam's Pizza Palace. The sign said "Since 1957." A tradition for us to have lunch or dinner there.
318. waking up early Saturday morning and enjoying the cool ocean breeze
319. Wonderful Husband walking with me to pick up bagels, cream cheese, coffee, and orange juice with ice. Does everything just taste better at the shore? Yes. Yes it does.
320. renting a bike and going for a ride on the boardwalk. On the way back I would stop and take a drink of water. (I don't drink and drive. Not coordinated enough!)
321. reading a sign above one of the shops: Funnel Cake-Hotdogs-Ice Cream. Are those the 3 major food groups I've dreamed about?
|Was hoping that the blue sign that said, "Sugar Shack" would show up better.|
Just the name made me happy!
323. sitting alone in the shade at the motel pool, the car being packed, and we'd checked out of the motel. Wonderful Husband went for a walk on the beach, our son swimming in the ocean one last time.
324. purchasing salt water taffy from James Candy Company and fudge from Douglass Fudge. Another tradition and both located on the boardwalk.
325. the exhausting fun we crammed into a day and a half, and arriving home safely
326. God, the Creator of all the beauty of the shore. Thank you Lord!
This is what God the LORD says— the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it...
Turn on your speakers.
Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.
What are you thankful for this week?