Many years ago, my maternal grandparents lived in Larkspur, California. When we went to visit them (from Texas) I always admired my grandmother's raised flower beds. She grew many types of flowers but my favorite were pansies.
I look at pansies today and they still bring a smile to my face. I've also "trained" Wonderful Husband and my kids by asking, "Who do pansies remind me of?" And they dutifully answer, "Your grandmother."
Pansies make my heart happy.
#120 - #126 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
120. the memories of my grandmother and her garden
121. seeing the middle school and high school kids walking to the bus stop in the morning
122. Law and Order: Criminal Intent bringing back Goren and Eames for the last eight episodes of the series
123. the painter painting every ceiling surface in our house
124. celebrating Laura and Janis' birthdays and trying Thai food for the first time. Yum.
125. dinner out with my previous co-workers and celebrating Debbie, the mother-of-the-bride
126. wisps of white clouds across a beautiful blue sky
Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.
What are you thankful for this week?