This weekend Wonderful Husband and I went to visit our son in Virginia. We arrived on Saturday and decided to go to Washington, D.C. for a visit.
|The Washington Monument|
|Our son is a giant!|
|Where we live in PA, we're told not to plant|
anything until Mother's Day because of possible frost.
Obviously not the case four hours south of us.
#89 - #99 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
89. colors and textures of spring in Washington, D.C.
90. teachers who go to work every day and educate this generation
91. Daylight Savings Time. We "lost" an hour of sleep yet it is lighter later!
92. the U.S. government and the honest leaders who try to do what is best for our country and citizens
93. the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan (which was first on the scene in Japan to provide aid after the earthquake and tsunami) and the other 48 countries and volunteers who will provide aid for the survivors of this tragedy
94. a windy day walking The Mall in Washington, D.C.
95. the Metro rail system providing safe and stress-free travel in and out of the city
96. seeing my first game of ultimate frisbee and realizing I'm too old to play that too!
97. a clean hotel room and a continental breakfast
98. gold flecks in a black faux granite breakfast table
99. God being omniscent. He knows everything. I am comforted that He knows the past, the present, and the future.
Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.
What are you thankful for this week?