Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (89-99)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.


This weekend Wonderful Husband and I went to visit our son in Virginia. We arrived on Saturday and decided to go to Washington, D.C. for a visit.

The Washington Monument

Our son is a giant!

The Capitol
Ultimate Frisbee
 
Where we live in PA, we're told not to plant
anything until Mother's Day because of possible frost.
Obviously not the case four hours south of us.

#89 - #99 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

89. colors and textures of spring in Washington, D.C.

90. teachers who go to work every day and educate this generation

91. Daylight Savings Time. We "lost" an hour of sleep yet it is lighter later!

92. the U.S. government and the honest leaders who try to do what is best for our country and citizens

93. the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan (which was first on the scene in Japan to provide aid after the earthquake and tsunami) and the other 48 countries and volunteers who will provide aid for the survivors of this tragedy

94. a windy day walking The Mall in Washington, D.C.

95. the Metro rail system providing safe and stress-free travel in and out of the city

96. seeing my first game of ultimate frisbee and realizing I'm too old to play that too!

97. a clean hotel room and a continental breakfast

98. gold flecks in a black faux granite breakfast table

99. God being omniscent. He knows everything. I am comforted that He knows the past, the present, and the future.

Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy - I enjoyed reading your list of blessings. The photos of DC are nice - I've never been there, but hope to some day.

    Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!