Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (79-88)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.


This past Saturday we celebrated my mother-in-law, Lenore's 80th birthday. There were 24 of us at the party.

There was plenty of food:



There was cake (and other desserts):




She is a wife of 61 years. Mother of 4. Mother-in-law of 4. Grandmother of 10. Great grandmother of 3. She is a soft-spoken and honorable woman who cares deeply for all members of her family. And she is an awesome mother-in-law. Happy Birthday Mom!

#79 - #88 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

79. my mother-in-law who gives much and loves deeply

80. family gatherings and joyful celebrations

81. warmer temps to go outside and pick up small tree branches, spring cleaning beginning outdoors

82. anticipating the installation of a new back door

83. silly things (like #82) that make me happy

84. reading Leviticus 23:3a, "You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of complete rest, an official day for holy assembly." (NLT, emphasis mine) On any Sunday that I debate attending church, thinking about this scripture, knowing I should be a part of the holy assembly, and going with a worship-ready attitude.

85. doves coo-ing early in the morning

86. rain that isn't snow (What can I say? It's been a long winter!)

87. completed reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts and knowing I will re-read it over and over again

88. a weekend nap

Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!