Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (100-111)

I have been reading A Holy Experience (Ann Voskamp's blog) for a year. Every Monday Ann adds to her list of One Thousand Gifts and today I'm adding to my list too.



The calendar said 'The First Day of Spring' yesterday so Wonderful Husband and I began working in the yard and I looked hard for some indication that spring had sprung. (Yes, I am a multi-tasker.)


Oh forsythia! You've been busy and I can't wait to see the pop of yellow color in our yard. Stay tuned!

#100 - #111 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

100. celebrating our daughter's 21st birthday with dinner at Carrabba's Italian Grill with Young Sweetie and her boyfriend. (It's amazing how she keeps getting older and I don't. Ha!)

101. Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's with whipped cream and a cherry on top

102. my great uncle and great aunt celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary

103. watching Ann Voskamp on 100 Huntley Street and her passion for Christ

104. noticing the crocuses blooming on the drive home from work. Spring!

105. new skylights. So clean and weather tight! Yippee!



106. Wonderful Husband taking skylight installation pictures

107. pink nail polish. Hey, it's Spring!

108. Wonderful Husband playing golf on a Friday afternoon

109. being able to encourage a mom who is sending her firstborn daughter off to college in the fall

110. Maria and meeting her for Saturday morning coffee. Talking about church, God, Bible Study and family.

111. Nancy's spinal surgeries and sending her a card filled with prayer for healing and recovery.

Turn on your speakers. Read, enjoy, and thank God for His blessings.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!