Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Myrtle Beach, SC

The last pictures of our vacation were taken in Myrtle Beach. We left Calabash at 3:30 and arrived at Barefoot Landing at 4:00 and took our time walking around.

A lot of shops to wander by or through. Some I'd never heard of before and some were familiar back home in PA.

I loved this picture because of the blooming flowers. It was unusually warm during our vacation (15 degrees warmer than normal for the area) and I knew that it was cooler back in PA with leaves beginning to turn and fall off the trees.

So these flowers just made me happy.

I got a kick out of this shop called PURPLEologist. A shop with all things purple (apparel, jewelry, housewares, journals, and gifts). In the first picture I was trying to focus on the purple golf clubs inside the left side of the store. While that didn't work out so well, I do like the reflection of the woman captured in the right door.



We had dinner at T-Bonz Gill and Grill. The burgers were ok. The dessert was magnificient! Chocolate Mousse Cake. A three layered chocolate cake with Bavarian cream separating one layer and raspberry cream separating the other layer. I did share with Wonderful Husband but I didn't want to! lol

At 7:30 we had reservations to see "One The Show" at the Alabama Theatre. It reminded me of the type of variety shows I've seen on a cruise and when looking at the performers' bios, a lot of them had cruise ship experience listed. It was a fun evening and they did say that they begin their Christmas performances on November 2. (Just thought I'd let you know.)


That concludes the posts for our September vacation. It was wonderful to get away from reality for ten days and I must admit it was wonderful to get back home too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cindy, I'm new to the blogging world. My husband's a teacher, and were both 44. When we travel I'm the one taking photo's and love beautiful flowers, so great picture! I think the shop is adorable, I will check it out on the web. Ok, most importantly is "food", I love your description of the Chocolate Mouse Cake. Happy to here you had a nice trip.
    God bless your day,
    Michele Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!