Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

I've Been Thinking...

I've been thinking about what my blog represents. The only theme I see is that it's my online journal about whatever I'm experiencing in life.

A few months ago, I was talking to Terri about the Relevant 2010 conference. I wished I could attend to hear Ann Voskamp (one of the keynote speakers) and this year it was close by in Hershey, PA. But I'm glad I didn't go since I'm not a professional blogger, just an amateur and I'm comfortable with that definition. Monica (The Homespun Heart) put a link to MomTV where at certain times they have live video-stream of the speakers. Ann is scheduled for today (Saturday) at 6:00 p.m. I'll be watching! (Update at 6:52 p.m.: The internet connection at the hotel is not good tonight. They are having trouble pulling bandwith for streaming. I didn't get to see Ann's presentation.)

The wind was blowing hard yesterday morning and since I had my window cracked-open I kept putting on and taking off a sweat jacket. Today is supposed to be sunny and 66 degrees. I'm planning on laying out on the patio and getting some Vitamin D. I am kooky.

Both my kids have been sick this week. It is strange to know about their illnesses and not be around to "doctor them back to health."

Readings from The One Year Chronological Bible yesterday had me praying for God to allow me to see, understand, and serve. (I highly recommend Wendy Pope's blog. She vlogs Monday-Fridays and I visit her site after my daily reading. I love her southern accent and her Christian wisdom is awesome!)

I've been sending out encouraging cards lately. It makes my soul feel good, yet my main purpose is let others know that I care for them.

I met Sue at Starbucks on Thursday. I haven't had my latte in a couple weeks. It was a tasty experience (the latte) and wonderful to sit and chat for a couple hours.

Since we've purchased my new washer and dryer...I love doing laundry. How strange is that?

My house is easier to keep clean with two people in residence instead of four (and there is less laundry).

The Phillies won Game 5 of the National League Championship Series. So the series score is Phillies 2 Giants 3. Tonight is game 6 and I'm hoping for a Phillies win. (The Texas Rangers are the American League Champions and will be playing in the World Series.) Could it be a Texas vs. Philadelphia World Series? If so, I might not be taking any phone calls from my side of the family during the World Series!

Lastly, I've been doing some early Christmas shopping (online). For the past couple years (at least) I assigned Wonderful Husband the job, so this year I think he'll be happy with my being a more active shopping contributor. The only problem is figuring out what to get him. Any suggestions?

My brain cell is exhausted....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I love your answer on my blog post in regard to "Quotes" I haven't heard that one before, but it's very wise, and one to know and apply to our lives.

    Ok" You like to do laundry?, and you Christmas shop early; I'm your complete opposite, I usually cant find any clothes to wear because there in a sea of laundry, and therefore I can't leave the house to shop in my pajamas :o) .
    Blessings, Michele Katherine
    God

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!