Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

One Thousand Gifts (872-884)

Continuing on my journey toward one thousand gifts....


My Friday ended on a low note. I left work frustrated and angry. Not a good way to begin a weekend to say the least.

Three things turned my negativity around and probably salvaged my weekend:

  • A new e-book from J.B. Wood called At Work As It Is In Heaven: 25 Ways to Re-Imagine the Spiritual Purpose of Your Work.
  • A post recommended by Mary with a link to The Value of Working for a Bad Boss by Michael Hyatt.
  • A visit from our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter....


such blessings!

872 - 884 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

872. a patient husband when I am soooo tired

873. sleeping in on a Saturday morning

874. laying out in the sun for an hour. Perfectly timed between the morning fog and morning clouds.

875. Wonderful Husband pulling weeds during that same hour. It was a win-win!

876. being called an angel by a stranger

877. our son being accepted into a graduate program

878. beginning to read  At Work As It Is In Heaven: 25 Ways to Re-Imagine the Spiritual Purpose of Your Work.

879. Mary Carver and her Saturday recommendations with links included

880. a visit with our son, daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter

881. six hours of shopping with Wonderful Husband and our son. We knocked all of the errands off our list.

882. a helpful salesperson at Bed Bath and Beyond. I ordered a wedding gift from them online and couldn't find a big enough gift bag. At the store, I explained my problem to the salesperson and she gave me a large gift bag with ribbon for free! Hooray!

883. visiting a new church and the sermon was on 'forgiveness'

884. "A Study of the Psalms" by Wendy Pope. Her vlog topic on Monday? 'Forgiveness.'

Yes Lord, I'm receiving the message loud and clear :)

This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.

What or who can turn around your bad attitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!