Christmas day is over. The gifts are now unwrapped, under the tree. I am thankful for each gift and realize I lead a blessed life. I am free to worship God and celebrate the birth of Jesus.
And I remind myself that Christmas is not just one day, Christmas is a season.
Our son arrived on Thursday and Christmas morning my in laws came over and so did our daughter, granddaughter and Andy. We opened gifts, ate breakfast casseroles, then sent them off to meet up with them again at Wonderful Husband's sister's home at 4:00 p.m.
A phone call to my mom in Texas to wish her a Merry Christmas, baking the pineapple stuffing, then off we went to eat (again) and visit with family.
We arrived back home around 8:15, tired yet thankful for all the blessings we have on Christmas day and every day.
#503 - 510 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
503. freedom to worship God
504. celebrating Jesus' birth
505. celebrating our nephew's Christmas birthday
506. sharing time and grace with family and anticipating a new Christmas tradition next year
507. watching our granddaughter sleep through both Christmas celebrations. Next year will be a different, more active story! Ha!
508. Wonderful Husband, our son, and Terri who know my love of books and boy-oh-boy will I be busy reading for a while :)
509. new technology with a wireless mouse and a Kindle Fire
510. this year of counting toward one thousand blessings and the inspiration from Ann's book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!