Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

One Thousand Gifts (469-475)

Continuing my journey of counting toward one thousand gifts...

 
Years ago I went a bit crazy and bought a lot of boxes of half-priced Christmas cards. The reason why I say "a bit crazy" is because I haven't bought any new Christmas cards in over five years. And although I haven't run out of my supply completely, this year I decided to purchase new Christmas cards.
 
I know my friends and family haven't memorized my cards but I was feeling a bit stuck in the redundancy of sending them.
 
It took me a while to decide on which boxes I liked and I just broke open a new box yesterday. You see, I used to mail a lot of cards out on December 1st with our family update letter enclosed. Now my kids are adults and the update letter has gone by the wayside. I've reduced my list of card recipients too.

My Christmas card tradition is simplified and for that I am thankful.

 #469 - 475 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:

469. sending new Christmas cards

470. a simplified Christmas card tradition

471. online shopping over Thanksgiving weekend. (Note to self: Do this again next year.)

472. going to niece-in-law's baby shower with my daughter Young Sweetie



473. watching Little Sweetie and yes, our granddaughter is already an Eagle's fan at three weeks old. We're hoping the Eagles improve by the time she's older. Ha!








474. all shipping/mail workers during this busy time of year

475. laughing with Wonderful Husband who had forgotten he'd given me Mariah Carey's Christmas CD last year and almost ordered it for me again!


Have you simplified any of your Christmas traditions over the years?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a little sweetie you have there! So much to be thankful for in the big and the small. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I've simplified many of my Christmas traditions. I've decreased the amount of gifts I purchase and I've been trying to create many homemade gifts. I've tried to focus more on the true meaning of Christmas; the birth of Jesus my Savior.

    I had to laugh about your husband almost buying you the same gift. At least he knows that you love Mariah's Christmas CD. :)

    I stopped over from Ann's site for Multitudes on Mondays.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of your granddaughter in her hat! I'm wondering if my soon-to-be grandchild will be sporting a Bears hat next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!