Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lifestyle Change Part 2

Today is my second 10 week completion of my lifestyle change (weight loss).

The update for weeks 7-10 is the scale that looked like a yo-yo during these weeks.

Week 7 - lost 0
Week 8 - gained 1 lb.
Week 9 - lost 1.5 lbs.
Week 10 - lost 1 lb.

So during this 10 week "adventure" my total weight loss is........ 6.5 lbs.

I began this adventure back on February 26 with a total loss of 10 lbs. in 10 weeks. I've been continuing my plan of eat less, move more. I've increased my water intake, am watching my portion size, and still walking on the treadmill at a 1.5% incline, 3 mph, 25 minutes for 5-6 days per week.

So doing the math (our son would be so proud) I have lost the total of  16.5 lbs. in 20 weeks. That's 9.22% in 20 weeks. Booyah!

I have marked off 10 more weeks which will take me to September 15. Wish me luck (and some will power!). I think my update posts will be on Week 5 and Week 10.

Thanks for your encouragement and support as the journey continues! I've linked this post to Kathy at House of Hills. Please stop by and see how the other ladies are doing and cheer them on.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats. Slow and steady should lead to more permanent weight loss. I should know. I am an expert at quick loss, quick gain. I hate to be a nag, but raise the incline a bit - if you have been doing the same for a long time. Stay cool! xo, mb

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOP WHOOP! WAY TO GO!

    So proud of you. That is awesome. I agree. Slow weight loss is better weight loss. The goal is lifestyle change too. To keep it off.

    I so look forward to hearing how you're doing. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fib MB, I know you like to nag....yet your point is well taken. I'll bump up the incline to a whopping 2.0 this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your encouragement Kathy! It really makes me continue forward and keeps me honest to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats girl!! I love me some goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Cindy. I found your blog on Cjane's blog. I am in the process of a "lifestyle change" myself. I've lost ten pounds so far & hope to lose 35 more. It feels good to be exercising, drinking more water, and enjoying the foods I really love (and my body loves them too) --because I am finally taking the time to make them. Congratulations on losing 16.5 pounds! I hope I've lost that much in 20 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dedra and Amelia! I appreciate the bloggy encouragement very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing totally awesome! Congrats on your achievements!! Keep up the good work and keep us posted! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey lady! How ya been? I've been MIA comment wise here lately. Sounds like you're doing great! 16.5 lbs is fantastic! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!