I had joined Mary at Giving Up On Perfect in the "Losing It" weight loss challenge.
My plan was basically to eat less and move more.
My goals were:
1) Get on the treadmill 6 days a week.
2) Drink 64 oz. of water per day.
3) Take-in less calories (and healthier ones at that).
5) Sit-ups and light weights (Weeks 5-10).
Here is the update for Week 10:
1) Treadmill 6 days this week,
2) 64 oz. of water per day. Check.
3) Food Choices. This week was a challenge since I had more meals out. I have learned to accept my food decisions and if I go "off course" for a meal, make a more healthy choice for my next meal. I am not perfect (shhhhh, don't tell my kids), yet I am responsible for what food I put in my mouth.
4) Lost 1 lb. this week. (Total loss in 10 weeks is 10 lbs.) Total percentage of body weight loss is 5.59%. I had changed my goal from losing 20 lbs. in 10 weeks, to losing 10+ pounds. I didn't hit 10+ but 10 lbs. even. I know that someone else in the "Losing It" weight loss challenge has lost a larger percentage of body weight so I did not win the fabulous prizes. Yet I am happy for the winner and "pleased as punch" with my results.
5) Sit-ups. 5 days this week. Light weights working on my arms every other day.
On Week 8 I wrote, "I am now on the cusp (a point that marks the beginning of a change) of firmly saying, "So long," to the 170s in the next week or two."
I stepped on the scale. 169 even.
Bye bye 170s...hello 160s!!! Booyah!
At the end of Week Ten (and the end of the "Losing It" challenge), I am thrilled!
Thank you Mary (Giving Up On Perfect), Jessie (Vanderbilt Wife), and Ashleigh (Heart & Home) for co-hosting this event. Because of you three ladies hosting the "Losing It" weight loss challenge, I have gone from inactive to active. From drinking no water to drinking 64 oz. per day. From making bad food choices to making healthy food choices (more often). I have lost 10 pounds. I have done sit-ups and light weights.
I should have been doing this all along, especially in the past (over) two years that I've been unemployed. I had the time. Just not the desire, focus, determination....
So what changed?
I needed this accountability group of encouraging women. I needed a specific period of time (in this case 10 weeks). I needed to set goals for myself and reevaluate/change them as I continued on this journey. I needed to get over my annoyance (with myself) when I "fell off the wagon." I learned how to forgive myself and
Next Wednesday I will be joining Karen Ehman's Weight Loss Wednesday group. Because the main thing I've learned is that I need the positive peer pressure, ideas from others, and to keep my focus on God and His will for me during this lifestyle improvement.
Please stop by to encourage the other participants at Giving Up On Perfect.
And thank you for your encouraging words during these past 10 weeks. It has been a wonderful experience and a great beginning on my journey toward better health!
Update: Kathy at House of Hills has decided to continue hostessing "Losing It" as a weekly carnival. So if you're interested in continuing on, or want to join for the first time, check in with Kathy beginning May 7.