Friday, April 2, 2010
Losing It (Week Six)
I have joined Mary at Giving Up On Perfect in the "Losing It" weight loss challenge.
My plan is basically to eat less and move more.
1) Get on the treadmill 6 days a week.
2) Drink 64 oz. of water per day.
3) Take-in less calories (and healthier ones at that).
4) Lose 20 pounds at the end of 10 weeks.
5) Sit-ups and light weights (Weeks 5-10).
Here is the update for Week 6:
1) Treadmill 6 days this week, 20 minutes per day, 1.5% incline at 3 mph. This has actually been one of the easiest of my goals to do on a weekly basis. I am surprised when I re-read that last sentence.
2) 64 oz. of water per day. Check.
3) I was having a pretty good week until yesterday. I went crazy with lunch (a turkey hoagie, Hot Tamales candy, a Rice Krispie treat....then another one.) To offset my feeding frenzy (somewhat) I had tilapia for dinner with broccoli and wild rice. Tilapia couldn't "save me" this time though....see below.
4) Lost 0 lbs. this week. (Total loss in 6 weeks is 6.5 lbs.) Total percentage of body weight loss will be posted on Week 10. I definitely will not hit my 20 pound goal in 10 weeks, yet I am trying to keep a positive attitude. After all, 6.5 lbs. less is better than I was 6 weeks ago.
5) Sit-ups for 2 days. Yuck. If there is any muscle there...it's well hidden so far. Darn sit-ups. Now the treadmill is looking more and more like my best friend. lol. Light weights working on my arm flubber is not a problem though. Easy to do in front of the TV. Watch out world, soon I'll be practicing my "Mrs. America Wave" and not be scaring animals and small children!
At the end of Week Six, I am going to layout in my backyard and get a tan.
Please stop by to cheer on the other participants at http://www.givinguponperfect.com/. Happy Easter and see you next week!